Sun, Nov 19|
Audition Intensive with Casting Director Sarah Cayce
with award-winning Director + CSA Casting Director Sarah Cayce
Time & Location
Nov 19, 10:00 AM – 5:30 PM
The Forge, 2424 W Montrose Ave Unit W, Chicago, IL 60618, USA
If you can't make Sarah's weekly Advanced Audition class or you're not at the advanced level, try her one-day audition intensive instead! The morning focuses on your prepared audition material, running your scene several times on camera and receiving feedback from Sarah in between takes. After lunch, you'll come back and work through a cold-reading exercise and wrap with a Q&A.
What you'll learn
- Taking direction in a casting setting.
- Using the frame to your advantage - Upping the stakes from entering from the side of frame, you'll learn to start and finish your scenes stronger.
- Body Language - Work with Sarah on saying everything you need to say without saying anything at all. It's motion pictures.
- Genre & Character Work - On top of the on-camera aspect, Sarah will work each scene, pushing for performances based on genre standards and deep character development.
- • Time Control - Seriously. Ask her.
Who is Sarah Cayce?
Sarah Cayce is an award-winning director, Emmy-nominated producer, screenwriter, and casting director. Her second feature film, F*CK YOU BIG PHARMA is currently in post, but Cayce's debut feature film, HAPPILY NEVER AFTER can be seen on Lifetime Movie Network. Sarah’s been producing since 2010 for narrative, feature-length documentaries, dozens of commercials, documentary content for Bleacher Report (which sent her to the Rio Olympics), and for select narrative projects.
When Sarah isn’t teaching, directing or writing, she can be found running her casting office, Compass Casting. Having cast with filmmakers like Terrence Malick to John Wells, Cayce always keeps time for indies between commercial clients like Ford, AT&T, the NFL, and dozens more.
Save Your Seat
Audition Intensive$175.00+$4.38 service fee